For instance, Emily, (at Magnolia Creative), found a piece of remnant fabric that she loved with a bright green zebra stripe. She asked if I thought we could do an entire party of this fabric.
WELL, OF COURSE!
But we didn't want it rock star, or too teen oriented. And we wanted to be able to reuse the majority of linens and concrete pieces for a hairy-legged boy if necessary.
So we thought about it, and then decided on ZEBRA and ZINNIAS.
How much fun was this to plan? TONS. Emily found Zinnia favors, I found ribbon and a planter with the zebra print. We ordered royal icing flowers and butterflies, Emily created all the incredible printables and everything else was already owned by one of us. (Four tupperware boxes in my trunk, a plat (?) of Zinnias, camera gear and a kid JUST in my car)
Emily made the above cake, then we added the wafer butterflies. Simple and Stunning.
And a few of the details:
And FINALLY - I know these are a BUNCH of pics - but there were so many fantastic details and colors with this party! SO - lets see what the kiddos thought?
Party Styling & Photography: ALMChandler of Her Royal Heinous
– Invitations, Melamine Plates & Other Party Collateral: Magnolia Creative Co.
– Wafer Butterflies on Cake: Modern Luxe Events
– Royal Icing Flowers: Mochasof
– Party Treats: Home-made, Target & Kroger
– Table Cloth Fabric & Trim: Hobby Lobby & Fabulous Fabrics
– Wooden Flatware: Shop Sweet Lulu.